Maryland Postsecondary Institution Closures and Closed Institution Transcript Requests


​Recently Closed Private Career Schools

List of Closed Maryland Postsecondary Institutions

Please consult the attachment below for a list of closed Maryland postsecondary schools for which the Maryland Higher Education Commission maintains at least some student records.

Transcript Requests

MHEC has launched a new One-Stop Portal exclusively for the use of submitting student transcript requests for closed, postsecondary institutions.  We will no longer receive paper Transcript Request Forms.  


We do NOT maintain high school transcripts.  If you are seeking a public high school transcript or record of a GED®, please contact the School District and/or entity that awarded the diploma or GED®.  If you are seeking a private high school transcript or record, please contact the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE).


We cannot provide transcripts from a college or university you attended located outside the State of Maryland.


If the college or university you attended has not permanently closed, please contact the institution for your records.


We are not permitted to email or fax transcripts.  They will only be sent via U.S. Postal Mail.​ We cannot provide information on mail delivery times.  The U.S. Postal Mail service is responsbile for how long it takes for mail to arrive at the designated destination.


Due to the volume of requests that we receive, we respectfully ask that you not call or email regarding a status update.  All status updates will be provided within the One-Stop Portal.​


Authorization for Third-Party Access to Student Records

Within the Student Transcript Request One-Stop Portal, please identify that you are requesting a transcript on behalf of the student by using the initial dropdown bar.

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) prohibits our agency from releasing confidential, non-directory information about a student without the student's consent.  In order to obtain a copy of a student's record, an uploaded authorization release is required without exception.


Please click on the link below to create an account and submit a transcript request:

Student Transcript Request One-Stop Portal